Wednesday 22 May 2019

“On The Same Page”

WALT:  Manage my time wisely through a novel and tasks



Today I supported and worked alongside Izaiah in Room 5 with Mrs Ilaoa during reading time and Izaiah was given the task of reading the text : Lest we forget - by Jane Tolerton. This story is about Veterans and their experiences in the First World War.

 Izaiah started off quietly reading to himself and was looking more at the amount of words in the story rather than the actual story itself and seemed a little discouraged so I placed my device next to his to show him that we were pretty much in the same boat and that I had to read it too, he looked over to my screen and laughed and said “oh Miss you’re up to the same page as me”. It’s always a good feeling when someone is “on the same page” as you, that way you never feel like you’re doing it alone. By Miss Timmi

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Timmi

    Congratulations on your first blog post! I can imagine how big Izaiah's smile would have been to know that you were practising our Pt England korero, "Kia pai te kotahi", "Better Together".

    What was your favourite part of Jane Tolerton's, Lest we Forget?

    Keep up the AMAZING work, Miss Timmi!

    Miss T.A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miss T.A, Can't wait for your blog post! hmmm favourite part would have to be page #28 "Comradeship" there's a part where a man named Charles Hartley gets hurt in Gallipoli and gets taken to hospital and he's like trying to hurry up the medical staff to fix him up because he was more worried about his mates still out there fighting, yeah that would've been my favourite part because it lead up to that saying "you never let your mates down" and I believe that's a pretty good motto to have. Appreciate your support on my first ever blog Miss T.A.

    ReplyDelete